Berlin Fashion Week was last week and QST was there to experience it!
There were tons of exhibitors there; however the big players (Hugo Boss, Levi’s, Tommy Hilfiger, G-Star, Guess and the Bestseller Group) did not make an appearance this year. A lot of up-and-coming brands were in attendance.
Some of the biggest takeaways:
- Fashion denim was either heavily washed or had a normal stone/enzyme wash to it. There was no middle ground.
- There was a presence of yarn-dye checks and ornaments used in pocketing and yokes in denim as a special detail.
- Prepare-for-dye trousers and casual pants were visible.
- There was also a presence of yarn dye ticking stripes in pocketing.
- Prints and yarn dyes are not as intricate as last season.