Spring Gingham is out in full force this season on the Men’s side! Urban Outfitters showcases a large presentation in stores this season and H&M highlights it on their in-store forms. The pattern can be utilized as a fun pocketing and waistband detail as seen in Brooks Brothers. It could also be used as a hidden element at the inside shirt cuff like we’ve seen at Ralph Lauren.
Berlin Fashion Week was last week and QST was there to experience it!
There were tons of exhibitors there; however the big players (Hugo Boss, Levi’s, Tommy Hilfiger, G-Star, Guess and the Bestseller Group) did not make an appearance this year. A lot of up-and-coming brands were in attendance.
Some of the biggest takeaways:
- Fashion denim was either heavily washed or had a normal stone/enzyme wash to it. There was no middle ground.
- There was a presence of yarn-dye checks and ornaments used in pocketing and yokes in denim as a special detail.
- Prepare-for-dye trousers and casual pants were visible.
- There was also a presence of yarn dye ticking stripes in pocketing.
- Prints and yarn dyes are not as intricate as last season.